WordPress.org

Making WordPress.org

#3438 closed defect (fixed)

Plugin directory not updating translations

Reported by: webdados Owned by: ocean90
Milestone: Priority: normal
Component: Plugin Directory Keywords:
Cc:

Description

It seems that there's a problem with the plugin directory translations not being updated from the Glotpress strings

Example:
https://pt.wordpress.org/plugins/shop-as-client/
https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/pt/default/wp-plugins/shop-as-client

Both development and trunk readme are fully translated for Portuguese (for more than 24 hours now) and the translation is still not updated on the Portuguese version of this plugin page on the repo.

Change History (16)

This ticket was mentioned in Slack in #polyglots by webdados. View the logs.


22 months ago

#2 @webdados
22 months ago

Additional info, maybe this is related to the recent server migrations: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RP50LK/p1518087600000282

#3 @ocean90
22 months ago

  • Resolution set to worksforme
  • Status changed from new to closed

This seems to work now.

This ticket was mentioned in Slack in #polyglots by pedromendonca. View the logs.


22 months ago

This ticket was mentioned in Slack in #polyglots by webdados. View the logs.


22 months ago

#7 @webdados
22 months ago

As stated by @pedromendonca on Slack this should be solved globally and not per plugin: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RP50LK/p1519150166000589?thread_ts=1519116163.000150&cid=C02RP50LK

#8 @pedromendonca
22 months ago

I wonder if this issue is related to the fact that the Readme is being loaded from the variant AO90 instead of the Default one, as reported in https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3472.
This recurrent problem definitely needs a global solution, instead of a fix on demand, per project.

#10 @ocean90
22 months ago

  • Owner set to ocean90
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

In 6701:

Plugin Directory: Use the default translation set of a locale for readme translations.

Fixes #3438.
Fixes #3472.

#11 @webdados
22 months ago

I'm not sure this will fix the issue with translations not updating at all, as I stated here: https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/timeline?from=2018-02-20T22%3A54%3A50Z&precision=second

I've just translated another string on the mentioned plugin to try to force the update from Glotpress to the repository to happen. Let's wait and see.

#12 @webdados
22 months ago

For now, what we are sure is that if we change a translation from current to fuzzy and back to current, that translation is automatically added to the plugin page on the repository, in real time.

If we translate a string that has never be translated before, and we leave it current, it does not propagate to the repository in real time. We've made some translations and will wait a few hours before reopening this ticket (if needed).

#13 @pedromendonca
22 months ago

I've found a small difference in behavior.
Despite translating in dev-readme or stable-readme sub-projects propagates to the other one, translating in dev-readme do not show up in the translated plugin page, but translating in stable-readme works perfectly, real time.

This ticket was mentioned in Slack in #polyglots by pedromendonca. View the logs.


22 months ago

#15 @webdados
22 months ago

  • Resolution fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

So, we still have some issues:

  • When translating on stable-readme all is propagate to dev-readme and goes to the repository automatically

All good

  • When translating on dev-readme, it's propagated to stable-readme but does not update the repository

In this case, we then have to go to stable-readme and force the strings to fuzzy and then current again for them to go to the repository

#16 @ocean90
22 months ago

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

See #3475.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.