Making WordPress.org

Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

Last modified 4 years ago

#3497 closed defect (fixed)

readme.txt validator does not accept text area input

Reported by: alpipego Owned by: SergeyBiryukov
Milestone: Priority: high
Component: Plugin Directory Keywords:


The text area of the readme.txt validator does not work for me. It just reloads the page without anything happening: https://wordpress.org/plugins/developers/readme-validator/

I have tested this with firfox, chrome, chrome canary all in their latest versions.

The URL input works as expected.

File/Content I've tested with: https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/edd-card/trunk/readme.txt

Change History (3)

#1 @SergeyBiryukov
4 years ago

Confirmed. The validator calls window.btoa() on the input, which fails on UTF-8 characters like —:

Uncaught InvalidCharacterError: Failed to execute 'btoa' on 'Window': The string to be encoded contains characters outside of the Latin1 range.

Introduced in [6479].

Last edited 4 years ago by SergeyBiryukov (previous) (diff)

#2 @SergeyBiryukov
4 years ago

  • Owner set to SergeyBiryukov
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

In 6842:

Plugin Directory: Escape readme data before encoding so that Unicode characters could be encoded correctly.

Props alpipego.
Fixes #3497.

#3 @alpipego
4 years ago

Confirmed that it's working. Thanks for the fast fix.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.