Making WordPress.org

Opened 21 months ago

Closed 21 months ago

Last modified 21 months ago

#6350 closed defect (bug) (invalid)

Updating translations for (en_US)… Download failed. Unauthorized

Reported by: knssconsulting's profile knssconsulting Owned by:
Milestone: Priority: high
Component: API Keywords:
Cc:

Description

For some reason I am seeing that I need to update "Translations" on the WordPress "Updates" page.

When I run the update for "Translations" I receive this error:

"Updating translations for (en_US)…
Download failed. Unauthorized

Go to WordPress Updates page"

I have tried numerous attempts to fix it myself also with hired developers

  1. They have reinstalled WordPress.org through the WordPress dashboard and manually
  2. We have tried to install numerous language plugins and did not resolve
  3. We have gone through each plugin one by one disabling them and activating them while trying to update the "Translations" update one by one. With no luck.

I came across this website that mentioned I should log a ticket:

https://make.wordpress.org/meta/handbook/tutorials-guides/translations/

I would like your help to be able to figure out how to fix this issue

Change History (2)

#1 @dd32
21 months ago

  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Status changed from new to closed

Hi @knssconsulting,

You've found the bug reporter for the WordPress.org website, and other tools/services that WordPress.org provides. This is not the correct place to report a bug in WordPress, nor to get support. To report a bug in WordPress please use https://core.trac.wordpress.org/, and for support please use https://wordpress.org/support/forums/


That being said, this doesn't feel like a WordPress core bug, or a bug in the WordPress.org APIs, as WordPress will NEVER have a en_US language pack made available to it (unless a plugin does so..), and WordPress.org also does not return a Unauthorized error message for downloads.

I know you've deactivated plugins, but I suspect it's caused by a plugin, as some data would be retained after you deactivated a plugin, stored in options and transients (If the plugin doesn't clean up after itself!)

I suspect this is caused by a premium plugin/non-wordpress.org hosted plugin that hosts it's own translations, and has a buggy/faulty translation integration.

I'll drop you an email shortly.

I'm closing this ticket as invalid as it's not likely to be a WordPress.org bug, but will re-open it if it's determined to be so.

#2 @SergeyBiryukov
21 months ago

  • Component changed from General to API
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.