WordPress.org

Making WordPress.org

Opened 15 months ago

Closed 4 months ago

#2100 closed defect (fixed)

Google+ profile links are broken in Tagregator

Reported by: iandunn Owned by: coreymckrill
Milestone: Priority: low
Component: WordCamp Site & Plugins Keywords: good-first-bug has-patch commit
Cc:

Description

They link to https://plus.google.com/{username}, which doesn't exist. They should link to https://plus.google.com/{user_id} instead.

Example: https://2016.seattle.wordcamp.org/social-media-stream/

Attachments (2)

2100.diff (1.2 KB) - added by xkon 5 months ago.
Fixed the author link
2100.2.diff (1.2 KB) - added by xkon 5 months ago.
Coding Standards

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (11)

#1 @danieltj
10 months ago

I'll take this on if no one else wants it. Should be an easy enough fix I'm guessing. I'll look into it.

#2 @xkon
5 months ago

Alrighty, I'm sure that I've found the way

I've originally tested by changing 'username' => $postmeta['author_name'][0], to get author_id instead and that worked fine.

So I've created an extra var 'userId' => $postmeta['author_id'][0], and changed the index.jsx accordingly with href={ url + author.userId } .

My problem is that I have no idea how to recompile it into front-end.js so I can't see the changes to be sure they work... ( I know they should be working but just to be sure ).

Shouldn't the recompile happen automatically or something?

By the way, I've never worked with React so this was a good-first-bug for me to try and tackle I guess :D .

Best regards,
Konstantinos

Version 0, edited 5 months ago by xkon (next)

@xkon
5 months ago

Fixed the author link

#3 @xkon
5 months ago

  • Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed

@xkon
5 months ago

Coding Standards

#4 @xkon
5 months ago

There was an issue with my editor so I've updated the diff ( 2100.2.diff ) to meet the coding standards. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Konstantinos

#5 @coreymckrill
5 months ago

  • Owner set to coreymckrill
  • Status changed from new to accepted

#6 @coreymckrill
5 months ago

  • Keywords needs-testing added

#7 @ryelle
4 months ago

Works on my test site 👍🏻 Just need to run npm install and npm run build to create the built javascript file front-end.js. It looks like this also generates some soucemap (*.map) files, those can be ignored. Maybe the webpack config should be updated to not create those when running build.

#8 @coreymckrill
4 months ago

  • Keywords commit added; needs-testing removed

Thanks for the test, @ryelle !

#9 @coreymckrill
4 months ago

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from accepted to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.